Sky Red Oolong Tea
Also known as Dong Fang Mei Ren, or Oriental Beauty.
Ingredients: Oolong tea
Sky Red Oolong tea is created using leaves bitten by hopper insects, Jacobiasca formosana. As the leaves are healing, they will curl and produce a ripe fruit flavor. Sweetness from the tea exists with no added sweetener. Oolong tea has naturally nuanced, layered flavor. Tea leaves used to create Sky Red Oolong tea are harvested exclusively between May and June. Each handpicked oolong leaf will include a leaf, stem, and bud.
Flavor Profile: Light, creamy. Notes of sweet fruit and earthy nuts.
Try This: Hot or cold brewed.
1. Measure: 5g of oolong tea per 100ml of water.
2. Prepare water: for Sky Red Oolong Tea at 90°C / 194°F
3. "Wake up" tea leaves: Saturate tea with water for a few seconds, allowing leaves to unfurl. Discard water.
4. Steep: for 10 seconds. Pour out all tea between brews.
5. Brew again: up to 7 times. Add several more seconds per brew after the third brew.